Rita’s Roots Backyard Harvest is Growing! Not only Plants, but our Team too!
Job Title: Handy Person, Box Builder + Site Keeper
Hours per week: 30-40 hours per week – FULL TIME; some Saturdays required during peak gardening season for assisting at plant sales
Compensation: Starting pay $18/hour, paid holidays, one week paid vacation after 6 months; bonus based on percent of profit after 1 year of employment; use of company vehicles negotiable, truck ownership preferred with mileage compensation.
Contact: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Please include in the subject line: Handy Person, Box Builder + Site Keeper Application + Your Name
To help Rita’s Roots Backyard Harvest maintain their various sites in the Lowcountry – their Container Shop on King Street Extension in Charleston and their Nursery in Summerville; to perform garden box installations and irrigation installation / maintenance; to help in any areas of the business requiring attention, from potting up plants, seeding in the greenhouse, plant deliveries, minor construction + landscaping projects, basic auto maintenance / upkeep, greenhouse maintenance, seed saving bed prep, working seasonal plant sales, etc.
What We Do
Since 2011, Rita’s Roots Backyard Harvest has been servicing the greater Charleston area by providing expertise to individuals wanting to experience the joy and benefit of an organic home vegetable garden.
Rita’s Roots provides full-service, organic garden support for the novice and experienced gardener. Our services include site assessment and consultation, garden installation, ongoing Garden Guidance and maintenance, classes, plant sales and our new Garden Growers Club.
- Family – We treat our team members and clients with the utmost respect
- Clean Living – We believe in living chemical-free lives, from the way we grow our food to the way we care for our mental and physical well-being
- Honesty – We believe in being transparent and open with our needs within the company and with our clients
- Hard Work – We self-motivate, show up for the job, and work diligently until the task is complete
- Must be able to use power tools + landscape equipment for garden box building and site upkeep
- Must be a problem solver and solution innovator
- Must be able to adapt to change quickly and shift gears from one project to another when weather or scheduling conflicts with the original plan
- Must be willing to get dirty and to help in any area of the business needing attention
- Proficiency in learning and using communications aps on their smartphone – SLACK + Quickbooks Time
- Must have excellent people and communication skills and be a true advocate for Rita’s Roots
- Must present themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Must have excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- Must be able to follow directions and execute tasks according to plans
We Want to Meet You Because You
- Have a great attitude and work ethic
- Are able to multitask and jump in wherever help may be needed
- Are able to be on time, self-motivate and work at a steady pace
- Are able to use and operate power tools safely and effectively
- Are able to lift, bend, squat, and carry 50# + of garden materials
- Are able to follow directions and manage one’s schedule efficiently
- Are able to take instruction from senior team members
- Are able to work long hours in the heat and cold as most of this work is outdoors
- Are able to work independently and as part of a team, communicating with team members and clients effectively and kindly